Why choose us?
- St Thomas Aquinas School is an independent school of excellence in Witbank for more than 95 years.
- We are a Catholic school that fosters Christian formation of young people through the teaching and living of Gospel values in our school community.
- We strive for academic excellence and have achieved a 100% matric pass rate for 44 consecutive years. St Thomas Aquinas learners write IEB examinations with notable success. We also recognise that each child is a unique individual, and we aim to develop our learners to be the best they can be.
- Our school is committed to offering the highest standards of quality teaching and learning. We aim to stretch our learners to acquire the skills of teamwork, independent research, self-knowledge, and critical thinking.
- Sport has always been an integral part of the holistic education offered at our school. Sport not only promotes physical fitness, but develops character. We offer physical education lessons from Grade RRR to Grade 9. The sporting codes on offer are: swimming, soccer, hockey, netball tennis, and cricket. St Thomas has a proud record of past and present learners who represented Mpumalanga.
- We offer several cultural activities. The drama department is known for its highly acclaimed productions. The marimba teams win competitions and are often invited to functions to entertain the guests. The learners take part in the local Artium Arts Festival as well as the Allegretto Eisteddfod.
- St Thomas Aquinas is a blessed school and we are committed to providing an outstanding education in a caring environment. We offer small classes, good facilities and dedicated teachers. We encourage our parents to remain involved in their children’s education. We take pride in the fact that learners leaving our school are well-balanced, rounded individuals, capable of making a meaningful contribution to our society.